Friday, May 16, 2014

ROCKY BROOK FALLS OUTSIDE BRINNON

Our campground hosts kindly shared a local "jewel" of the area: a waterfall just outside of the city of Brinnon (that's the city we're in!). We took their advice and drove out Dosewallips Rd. to the 3-mile marker, parked in the turnout, and walked the short distance (past the Rocky Brook hydroelectric building) to the hugest waterfall we've been able to get close to; 229 feet! You can feel the spray, and in the summer, it's said, kids swim in the green pool at the base of the crashing falls!


2 comments:

  1. I've got to get Art to read your blog....we will be all over tracking down these waterfalls. And how come it's just the kids that swim in that green pool......maybe I miss interpreted that......maybe they meant kids of all ages, I'd like to think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing! I'd totally swim in them (if it were a bit warmer, that is!)!

    ReplyDelete