Friday, February 7, 2014

FRIDAY FARMER'S MARKET AND A BEE IN MY BONNET

Into town this morning to partake of the Friday morning Farmer's Market in Borrego Springs. What a feast, for the eyes and the taste buds! Lots of fresh produce and local products, many of which made it back with us to the RV, including (but not limited to) Herb Focaccia bread, Apple Walnut Raisin bread, marinated mozzarella balls, roasted garlic and artichoke hummus, an enormous avocado, and a head of broccoli. I also popped into the local yarn shop, On Pins and Needles, and stocked up on some wool for a project I have buzzing around in my head. Speaking of buzzing around in my head, when we returned to the RV, I heard a strange sound and realized something was buzzing in my ear. Yes, IN MY EAR. The wind must've blown the poor bee in, we struggled, he stung me, but in the end, he lay on the floor, dead. Darell got a flashlight and the tweezers and pulled the stinger out from inside my ear. OW. The dangers of the desert are many.

No comments:

Post a Comment